Air Fryer Toad In The Hole is a quick and easy breakfast recipe that takes only 7 minutes to prepare. A nicely cooked runny yolk in the centre of the toast. A delicious breakfast recipe for your family that takes only a few minutes to prepare.
I knew I had to try this recipe as soon as I heard about it. Because I’ve previously experimented with similar breakfast recipes and found them to be delicious. If you’re looking for a simple and quick air fryer breakfast recipe, you can check the air fryer bacon and eggs or you can try air fryer toast with air fryer omelette for your breakfast.
How to make Air Fryer Toad In The Hole?
For your busy weekdays, Air Fryer Toad In The Hole is a simple and quick breakfast recipe. But how can we get the egg to sit properly in the middle of the bread slice for the majority of us? To fix this problem, I have a pretty easy idea/trick. Let’s have a look at the air fryer toad in the hole cooking method step by step.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Toad In The Hole:
- 1 bread slice
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar, mozzarella cheese (optional)
Instructions for Air Fryer Toad In The Hole:
- Preheat your air fryer at 165C/330F for 5 minutes.
- Use a glass bowl with a simple bottom to make the toast. Place the bowl on top of the bread slice and press down to create a spherical indentation.
- Crack the egg in a separate bowl and set it aside.
- Place the bread slice first in the air fryer basket, then the egg. It’s easier to place the egg this way, and there’s less possibility of it spilling.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the egg toast at 165C/330F for 7 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- You can add the cheese when there is a minute or two remaining in the cooking time.
- Carefully remove the egg toast from the basket with a spatula.
- Serve and enjoy your breakfast.
You can find the Air Fryer Toad In The Hole recipe in the printable card below
What to serve Air Fryer Toad In The Hole?
The best way to eat Air Fryer Toad In The Hole is on its own. You can, however, serve them with freshly cut fruits and beverages of your choice. You may also serve the Air Fryer Toad In The Hole with air fryer hash browns and air fryer breakfast potatoes.
Tips for making the perfect Air Fryer Toad In The Hole
- When creating any type of meal, don’t forget to pre-heat your air fryer.
- The egg will not leak if the bread is pressed and an indentation is made.
- It’s easy to crack the egg on the bread slice within the air fryer basket. This will prevent spills and make transferring the bread to the air fryer basket much easier.
- Before cracking the eggs, you can apply some butter on the break.
- Cook for 10 minutes for completely cooked egg yolks and 7 minutes for semi-cooked egg yolks.
Topping variation for Air Fryer Toad In The Hole:
- For air fryer egg toast, there are a plethora of topping options.
- Avocado slices and cooked bacon slices go on top of the egg toast.
- Serve with a salami slice on top.
- Mushrooms from the air fryer can also be added to the egg toast.
- Add fried ham and your favorite sauce to the Air Fryer Toad In The Hole.How long do you air fry an egg on toast?
The cooking time of air fryer toad in the hole depends on your liking. For fully cooked egg yolk cook for 10 minutes and for semi-cooked yolk cook for 7 minutes.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions:
Can you toast bread in an air fryer?
Yes, an air fryer can be used to toast bread. Toast a slice of bread in an air fryer basket at 200C/400F for 4-5 minutes. It’s time to make your crispy toast.
Toasting bread in an air fryer is preferable to toasting bread in a toaster.
How long to air fry an egg on toast?
If you prefer a runny yolk, air fry your egg toast for 7 minutes; otherwise, cook for 10 minutes for a completely cooked yolk.
How long should I air fryer egg toast for a runny yolk?
In just 7 minutes, you’ll have a delightfully runny yolk on your air fryer egg toast. This is the ideal time for me to make my egg toast. The rich, creamy texture of the egg yolk is one of my favorites.
Can Airfryer replace the toaster?
Yes, you can use an air fryer instead of a toaster. An air fryer, in fact, has all of the cooking functions and may be used to prepare practically any cuisine.
What type of bread works best for perfect toast?
Moist and whole-grain bread plus one-day-old bread are best for making toast because they can take high heat compared to tender slices of bread. However, you can choose any bread according to your liking but the result may vary.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Other Recipes you can try